- Basic Patent Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent !
- Basic Trademark Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent!
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES REDUCTED THE TRADEMARK OFFICIAL FEES
- 2020 New Regulations under the Madrid Protocol and Simplified Renewal of International Registrations
- IMPACT OF THE UK’S WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EU EUTMS AND RCDS: UPDATED INFORMATION
- BANKSY’S BATTLE FOR TRADEMARK
- IAM Patent 1000 list in 2019
- HAGUE SYSTEM EXPANDS
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC JOINS THE LISBON AGREEMENT
- MALAYSIA JOINS THE MADRID SYSTEM
- PROTECTION OF DESIGNS PROVIDED BY EURASIAN PATENT CONVENTION
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS ARE NOW PROVIDED PROTECTION IN RUSSIA
- DEVRIM DECISION
- NEW REQUIREMENT BY THE USPTO
- IMPLEMENTING REGULATION ON INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY CODE
- REGULATION ON CHANGES ON THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE TRADEMARK ATTORNEY AND PATENT ATTORNEY EXAMINATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE REGULATION
- REGULATION ON TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE RE-EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION DEPARTMENT
- PROOF OF GENUINE USE OF A TRADEMARK GUIDELINE PUBLISHED BY THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
IMPACT OF THE UK’S WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EU EUTMS AND RCDS: UPDATED INFORMATION
In accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement concluded between the EU and the UK (read the latest news here), the UK will leave the EU as from today, 1 February 2020.
However, the Withdrawal Agreement stipulates that during a transition period that will last until 31 December 2020, EU law remains applicable to and in the UK. This extends to the EUTM and RCD Regulations and their implementing instruments.
This continued application of the EUTM Regulations and the RCD Regulations during the transition period includes, in particular, all substantive and procedural provisions as well as the rules concerning representation in proceedings before the EUIPO.
In consequence, all proceedings before the Office that involve grounds of refusal pertaining to the territory of the UK, earlier rights originating from the UK, or parties/representatives domiciled in the UK will run as they did previously, until the end of the transition period.
Further information as regards the situation as from 1 January 2021 will follow in due course.