- Basic Patent Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent !
- Basic Trademark Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent!
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES REDUCTED THE TRADEMARK OFFICIAL FEES
- 2020 New Regulations under the Madrid Protocol and Simplified Renewal of International Registrations
- IMPACT OF THE UK’S WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EU EUTMS AND RCDS: UPDATED INFORMATION
- BANKSY’S BATTLE FOR TRADEMARK
- IAM Patent 1000 list in 2019
- HAGUE SYSTEM EXPANDS
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC JOINS THE LISBON AGREEMENT
- MALAYSIA JOINS THE MADRID SYSTEM
- PROTECTION OF DESIGNS PROVIDED BY EURASIAN PATENT CONVENTION
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS ARE NOW PROVIDED PROTECTION IN RUSSIA
- DEVRIM DECISION
- NEW REQUIREMENT BY THE USPTO
- IMPLEMENTING REGULATION ON INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY CODE
- REGULATION ON CHANGES ON THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE TRADEMARK ATTORNEY AND PATENT ATTORNEY EXAMINATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE REGULATION
- REGULATION ON TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE RE-EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION DEPARTMENT
- PROOF OF GENUINE USE OF A TRADEMARK GUIDELINE PUBLISHED BY THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS ARE NOW PROVIDED PROTECTION IN RUSSIA
Geographical indications are now considered as intellectual property as a result of new legislation promulgated by the Russian president Vladimir Putin.
With this legislation, products made by foreign and Russian producers will now be registrable as geographical indications. Protection provided for the geographical indications will be in addition to protection provided for names of origin already present under Russian law. Registration for geographical indications can be applied for by individuals or groups. When registered, geographical indications will be protected for a period of ten years of the application date. This period can be extended by an additional application.
This legislation will enter into force on the 26 th of July 2020.
What is a Geographical Indication?
Under Turkish law, a geographical indication is a sub-class of geographical signs and are defined as names that “define a product that originates from a certain region or country and is identified with this geographical area due to it having a distinctive attribute, reown or other types of features and is produced or in any way processed within the provided geographical area”
For detailed information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0 312 428 51 93.
Click below to see the brief provided by the Russian Patent Office https://rupto.ru/en/news/27-07-2019-putin-podpisal-zakon-o-regionalnyh-brendah-tass