- Basic Patent Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent !
- Basic Trademark Seminar from Eyuboğlu Trademark and Patent!
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES REDUCTED THE TRADEMARK OFFICIAL FEES
- 2020 New Regulations under the Madrid Protocol and Simplified Renewal of International Registrations
- IMPACT OF THE UK’S WITHDRAWAL FROM THE EU EUTMS AND RCDS: UPDATED INFORMATION
- BANKSY’S BATTLE FOR TRADEMARK
- IAM Patent 1000 list in 2019
- HAGUE SYSTEM EXPANDS
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC JOINS THE LISBON AGREEMENT
- MALAYSIA JOINS THE MADRID SYSTEM
- PROTECTION OF DESIGNS PROVIDED BY EURASIAN PATENT CONVENTION
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS ARE NOW PROVIDED PROTECTION IN RUSSIA
- DEVRIM DECISION
- NEW REQUIREMENT BY THE USPTO
- IMPLEMENTING REGULATION ON INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY CODE
- REGULATION ON CHANGES ON THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE TRADEMARK ATTORNEY AND PATENT ATTORNEY EXAMINATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE REGULATION
- REGULATION ON TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE RE-EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION DEPARTMENT
- PROOF OF GENUINE USE OF A TRADEMARK GUIDELINE PUBLISHED BY THE TURKISH PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE
BANKSY’S BATTLE FOR TRADEMARK
Famous underground artist Banksy now a part of a trademark battle between his management company Pest Control Office Limited and a greetings card company called Full Colour Black. Pest Control Office has applied and obtained several trademarks reproducing iconic Banksy works. Full Colour Black has been using such works on their products and is now seeking one of these trademarks to be cancelled.
The main problem was the fact that neither Banksy nor Pest Control was using their trademark in commerce activities. And in order to keep a trademark registration alive it has to be used distinguished products in market. By the outcome of that fact Banksy opened a homeware store in South London. The store is permanently closed however it has a website were such homeware has been available all of which already out of stock.
In any case, Banksy has seen his rights protected by IP courts in the past, for instance a Milan court earlier this year stopped the organizers of an exhibition from selling merchandising with his artwork. However EUPO’s decision after the mentioned cancelation application remains unclear.